Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. - Philippians 4:8
We live in a day where almost every day is national (something) day. I’m not sure who decides those things… But I AM ASKING A HUGE FAVOR!
I want as many people who would consider doing so- join me in making April 8 (4/8) as Global ‘Whatever is Worthy Day".
I want the only inspiration to be one of Paul’s final exhortations to the Church in Philippi as he found even good aspects of his imprisonment in a Roman prison.
What do we do on April 8th?
We want to saturate the World Wide Web, social media, the radio waves, the television news and entertainment world, the world of art and sports and business… With stories that lift up things that are true…. honorable...just...pure...lovely...commendable….highlighting excellence...proclaiming things that are worthy of praise.
Here are the requests/principles
- Not everyone will participate and some will use the opportunity to do the opposite….. And the first way we ‘win the day’ is to not return or respond in kind. This is not a time for trolling...this is a day of grace.
- Plan ahead- think about ways you can do this all day! From Midnight to 11:59 PM in every time zone. We have plenty of time and energy to deal with issues and pain and negativity… But I want you to consider how to minister to people who are in pain. Turn a mess into a miracle.
- Please be authentic. The only thing you may be able to do is to try to think about these things. The worst thing we could do would be to REQUIRE anything. Let’s agree that we are not going to accuse or condemn any perceived lack of enthusiasm or participation.
- Sure- we should be like this ALL the time...but is there any problem to find a day to dwell on goodness, mercy, and grace.
- I have no idea how this will go…. But I'd one person is encouraged by this beautiful verse of Scripture… I will consider it a joy to try.
A website? I did create a facebook page …. https://www.facebook.com/worthyApril8/
A place to post testimonies or stories from the day?
National Empanada Day is April 8- a food holiday and national all is ours day.. These are positive days… I think we are still good… Celebrate!
What is April 8 is a poignant day of sadness for you? Even more so to ‘think’ on ‘whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise’
Love-serve-forgive- intentional acts of mercy and kindness- write a note of encouragement- say ‘thank-you’ to all who serve you…..
Eat a meal with joy… Write a list of blessings… It is endless…...
So…. Re-tweet- share- pray……
This year. April 8, 2017 will be on a Saturday….. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Post a Comment